Do you believe in balance? I have to say I don’t believe it exists except in yoga! Can you have a balanced life? Pardon me, stepping on the soap box.
I don’t think it is possible. Just like perfection it just doesn’t happen. You can come close but really can you and it’s not very fun? How can it be humanly possible to have everything in your life “in balance” at all time? It’s a pipe dream if you will. Why strive for it? There is absolutely no way to have everything in your life “in balance.” Hang with me!
Work, family, kids, school, sports, relationships, friends, stress, home, pets, personal time, exercise, relaxation, vacation, sleep… and it goes on and on. It is a hard one, but I have come to terms that my life will never be “balanced.” Sometimes the balance scale tips one way or another and my attention is needed. Just like that, I’m pulled somewhere else, and I’m out of balance.
Since I’ve pitch the whole idea of searching for “balance “ in my life, I realized that I was searching for an impossible. I abandoned that whole crazy idea of “finding balance, ” and it made me less stressed, more productive and happier.
I have become a master juggler. The day- to- day the amount that I’m juggling changes. Sometimes I’m juggling ten balls at a time or sometimes three balls, or 2 balls. Juggling works. Juggling is easier, and I can give my attention to where it is needed, without feeling “out of balance” in other areas of my life. I challenge you to try it! Give up on that notion of “finding and searching for balance” and embrace the daily juggle!
Here are 10 Tips for Getting Organized in the New Year!
So you juggle and conquer it all!
- Divide and conquer to get things done! One parent runs with the kids, the other runs to the store!
- Housework yuck! Split it up and share it! Sharing is caring so share the load! Spend 15 to 20 minutes cleaning each day.
- Schedule the housework! Monday- laundry, Tuesday- vacuuming & washing the floors, Wednesday- dusting, Thursday- clean the bathrooms, Friday-Sunday off!
- Have a family calendar. Review the family calendar on Sundays with the family.
- Meal plan for the week and eat together as a family at least one night during the week.
- Cook a few meals on the weekends and freeze them to pull out during the week. Also, use the Crockpot!
- Have a set time and area for completing homework. Start it after school or before dinner!
- Schedule a date night. Make sure to get a night away together! Find a babysitter, ask a grandparent or trade nights with another family. One time they watch your kids, so you get a date night, then switch, and you watch their kids, so they get a date night!
- Schedule alone time away from the house for each parent!
- Find some family fun activities. Check for local events in your community, have a family movie night or craft day.
Hope you kick off the New Year with a bang! Happy New Year!