It’s about that time! Time to head into the attic and get out the holiday decorations. Get busy taking down the boxes. Organize and make room! For the tree or whatever decorations you put up during the holiday season! In our house, we usually set up our tree on Thanksgiving or the day after. This year we will be traveling for Thanksgiving & the weekend, so we are putting everything up the weekend before Thanksgiving. I love decorating and I would put it all up now! However, I love our Fall decorations. I basically take down Halloween decorations, keep up Fall decoration. Then I start going through our Christmas stuff. Since we moved our Christmas boxes are a bit scattered around our attic and storage area. It may take me a little longer to find everything so I’m starting early this year.
Tips for Getting the House Ready for the Holiday’s…
1. Dust the ornaments or buy some new ones
2. Toss any broken or damaged ornaments
3. If you have a fake Christmas tree get it out and clean it!
4. Check lights test them to make sure they are working
5. Replace any bulbs on light up yard decorations
6. Move any furniture to make room for the tree
7. Check the calendar and schedule outdoor light hanger
8. Wash or have dry cleaned any stocking, tree skirts, or table runners, cloths
9. Plan and start any Holiday crafts
10. Write up your Christmas shopping list
Set the tree up, turn up the Christmas music, make some Eggnog and start decorating!
What’s your favorite part of your house to decorate?