Doesn’t it feel like yesterday that we were celebrating the last day of school and graduation? Back to School time is slowly creeping up. We are halfway through summer break, and it’s time to start thinking about (or celebrating) Back to School. Either you’re the type of person that is excited for the kids to go Back to School or the type that wants to keep the kids at home and locked the house so they can’t get out. Whichever you are, it doesn’t matter because it’s time to get organized, get some stuff done, and get Back to School Shopping. Check out our 5 Smart School Uniform Shopping Tips.
Little Dude’s school requires a uniform, complete with school’s logo embroidered on all shirts. When we first found out that his school required uniforms we were a little disappointed. Little Dude was upset that he couldn’t pick out his outfit like he could in his previous school. The uniforms grew on him, and he likes them. I have to say; I love school uniforms. It makes our morning so much faster. Little Dude knows what he has to wear there is no deciding what to wear or fighting over wearing Batman socks.
Lucky for us there is still some choice as to what to wear, three different color shirts to choose from and two different color shorts or pants. Girls have a skirt, dress, and a plaid option too. Little Dude’s school uniform is a logo uniform shirt, shorts or pants, white socks and sneakers (no light ups or wheels). Easy peasy.
5 Smart School Uniform Shopping Tips
- Purchase a size larger, if you can. Buy 2- 3 uniforms a size bigger and 2-3 uniforms at the current size your child is wearing to avoid re- buying uniforms halfway through the year.
- Look for pants/ shorts/ skirts that have the adjustable waist.
- See if you can swap uniforms with a friend.
- Order any shirts that have to be embroidered with school’s logo ahead of time. Don’t wait till right before school starts or you’ll be stuck paying extra rush order fees.
- Watch for Back to School sales and tax-free week to save money.
Where’s your favorite place to buy uniforms?
Check out these Top 5 Price Comparing Apps!