For the last 24- days, I’ve done a challenge. No carbs, no sugar, no dairy = no fun. It started with a 10- day cleanses then moved on to another phase. I’m pretty excited with my results. I’ve learned some valuable things about myself. One of my huge areas of struggles for me is snacking. I’m a snacker.
I’m a snacker and would much rather eat a bunch of different snacks or appetizer then commit to a full meal. Options are big for me. I like to have options in everything I do from what I wear, to what I eat, and snacks and appetizer are made for me. I’m not having to commit to just one thing and I can pick from a bunch of things.
Unfortunately, my type of eating didn’t work great for my 24- day challenge. I couldn’t keep track of my calories (not required for the challenge but I wanted to see how many I was eating). Giant red flag, basically hitting me in the face there. As “healthy” as I thought all my choices were, they were not always balanced. I would just eat veggies and no protein, or just protein or fruit, or carbs only, or a smoothie or juice. Here are 5 Tips For Mindful Eating that have helped me!
5 Tips For Mindful Eating
- Choose higher protein snack so you stay fuller longer.
- Drink lots of water. Unflavored, unsweetened, non- carbonated water. Avoid sugarily, juices and sodas.
- Plan ahead. Have some easy grab and go snacks on hand that you already proportioned out. Keep a bag of nuts in the car or your purse.
- Live is busy enough make sure to slow down while you eat instead of rushing through. Concentrate on what you are eating and take small bites. Taste your food. You’ll be more aware of how much you are eating and slowing down will allow you to better listen to your body.
- Reward yourself for healthy eating. Plan an “indulgent snack” in your week as a reward for staying on track. A snack size is also a better portion than a full cheat meal or full dessert.
What do you do to stay on track with eating?
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest!