Hurricanes are a part of life here in America. There are some things that you can do and keep on hand so you are ready when a storm strikes. Firstly, you need to make sure you have home insurance, as it will help you to recover any costs associated with repairing damage to your belongings when a hurricane hits. You can take a look at these Wisconsin … [Read More...]
50 Snow Day Activities for the Whole Family
Snow days can be great fun. But if you have too many of them, they can drag on and get boring. Before long you will be wishing you could put on some womens snowboard boots and zoom down some snowy slopes. Unfortunately, unless you live by a resort, this just isn’t possible. Luckily, you can beat the boredom and turn it into a fabulous adventure for the whole family. I also love to make homemade sauce & meatballs letting it cook all day and, of course, take part in some of these activities! Check them out!
***This Post Contains Affiliate Links. By clicking on the affiliate links you help support Thank You Honey at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
50+ Snow Day Activities For The Whole Family
- Outdoor Snow Play
- Indoor Snow Play
- Water Play
- Play some Full Movement Games~ Find some open space and get the kids moving to burn off some of that energy. Play a game of Red Light Green Light.
- Cooking activity
- Make your own Play- Doh
- Coloring, Painting & Drawing
- Making a tent
- Make sock puppets and put on a puppet show
- Play a game of Simon Says
- Bake a cupcakes or cookies
- Have a picnic on the family room floor
- Make Icebergs for water play
- Watch a movie
- Make your own pizza
- Read a book
- Write a play & put it on
- Play a board game as a family
- Make someone a homemade card or present to send
- Have a tea party
- Play a game of Hide & Seek
- Create an indoor obstacle course
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Make some sunshine with handprint sunshine craft
- Create a science experiment
- Create a family indoor Olympics games
- Have a family pillow fight
- Paint with vegetables
- Go for a snowy walk
- Paint each other a portrait
- Play school and let your child be the teacher
- Play a game of What Time Is It, Mr. Fox
- Put on bathing suits and go for a swim in the tub
- Bake a cake
- Make your own ice cream sundaes
- Have an indoor campout and sleep in the family room
- Do some Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Play a game of charade
- Have a Medieval meal. Cover the table with paper and eat your entire meal with your hands. No utensils!
- Build a Dominoes track then knock it down
- Catch up on homework or do some worksheets
- Organize toys and find at least 3 toys to donate
- Build a Snow family~ Everyone builds their own snowman/ snowwomen
- Spend time together talking
- Make Slime
- Paint the snow with water & food coloring
- Paint with Q-Tips
- Make your own board game
- Make a family vision board
- Play Musical Chairs
What are some of your favorite activities when you are snowed in?
Check Out Our Spring Craft Ideas!
4 Easy Decorating Ideas for the Home
Love this Post? Share the Love Go ahead and share it! Share it on Facebook, Tweet it, Pin it, & love it forever!
Don`t forget to follow us on Pinterest!
Follow Thank You Honey’s board MOST PINNED From thankyouhoneyblog.com on Pinterest.
And remember to sign up for our newsletter, so you never miss one of our many adventures and follow Thank You Honey on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, & YouTube!
Joyce Brewer says
Atlanta weather fluctuates so much. One week it’s Winter. One week it’s Spring. Thanks for all of these ideas.
Joyce Brewer recently posted…3 Daily Goal Setting Tips for Work at Home Moms
Steph @MisplacedBrit says
Brilliant list!! I had to pop over… Snow Day Activities is EXACTLY what we’ve been up to with a Colored Ice Igloo!
…If you’d like a number 51, here it is 😀
Thank You Honey says
Amy Brooks says
Lots of great idea – especially your unique painting crafts!
Thank You Honey says
Scherrie D says
We love hVing tea parties when we are snowed in! Great excuse to bake & eat cake!
Thank You Honey says
Yes! Thanks for stopping by.