Halloween is the one holiday we really get into. Lucky, our new neighborhood goes all out too! We figured what better way to have a little fun and get to know our neighbors better. BOO’ing them! ***Before we get any further, this post was in partnership with Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOItForward #CollectiveBias.
We were BOO’d for the first time two years in our neighborhood in Philly. We had just moved to the neighborhood a few weeks before Halloween. Moving to a new state and new climate was hard enough and our first BOO’ing came as a welcomed surprise. A refreshing break from the craziness of moving and getting settled into a new home.
Hubs nor I have ever heard of BOO’ing before. When hubs went out to take the dogs out he found the basket. He immediately came in and put down the basket on the counter. I remember telling hubs how nice it would have been to actually meet the neighbors too. It was a nice gesture we both agreed. Then I opened the card.
After reading the card, we realized that the basket full of yummy candy wasn’t our welcome to the neighborhood basket. We had just been BOO’d! Our first BOO’ ing also served as a great conversation starter at the mailbox and help us meet new people in our neighborhood.
BOO’ing was something hubs and I immediately knew, after our first BOO’ing, we should add to our own family Halloween traditions and BOO It Forward! This Halloween, we are in another new neighborhood and we have decided to BOO our neighbors. I made a Creepy Crawly BOO’ing Cauldron filled with some really sweet treats and Spooky Spiders (see recipe below). Check out my tutorial below so you can make your own Creepy Crawly Boo’ing Cauldron and join in the fun of BOO’ing friends and family too.
Creepy Crawly BOO’ing Cauldron
What You Need:
Plastic Cauldron (You could also use a bin or a basket)
Candy & Soda (I used MARS Mixed Minis, Canada Dry & A&W 6 pack Halloween Cans)
1 bag of Glow in the dark spiders
1 bag of white pearlized gift bag filling
- Fill the bottom of the Cauldron (or whatever container you choose) with crumbled newspaper.
- Cover the newspaper with white pearlized gift bag filler.
- Then stuff Cauldron with some goodies.
- I made some little candy bags for each member of the family who we were BOO’ing. I also added in some Spooky Spiders Treats that I made. I put them in a coffin shaped gift box.
- Then, print out the “You’ve Been BOO’d ”card and the “We’ve Been BOO’d” sign printables. Make sure to print out an extra copy to include in you Creepy Crawly BOO’d Cauldron for whoever you are BOO’ing so they can #BOOItForward.
- Fold the “You’ve Been BOO’d” card evenly in half on the line and tape the two openings together.
- Then cut out the “we’ve been BOO’d sign”.
- Put both the card and the sign together with the You’ve Been BOO’d card on top.
- Tuck the “You’ve Been BOO’d” card and the “We’ve Been BOO’d” sign in the Creepy Crawly BOO’ing Cauldron and add some glow in the dark spiders.
- Now you’re ready to BOO someone!
Are you BOO’ing anyone this year? I’d love to hear about!
Also, check out some of these other fantastic BOO’ing ideas!