This post was in partnership with Collective Bias. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias.
“Daddy’s coming home today”! Little Dude’s favorite new saying. Hubs has been traveling a ton lately. Partly because he has to travel to Florida each week for work, then he comes home on the weekends. Part of the fun as we gear up to move in a few weeks.
Little Dude and I count down the days till Daddy comes home each week on his calendar. It’s a fabulous reminder for Little Dude. I can also toss in a little math lesson too as we count down each week.
Little Dude and I have also established a new habit of creating Daddy’s favorite treat the day before Daddy comes home. To surprise him and welcome Daddy home. Little Dude loves to bake, and it gets him excited for Daddy’s homecoming.
This week we created a twist on one of hubs favorite dessert Brownies. I made, we made (I can’t forget my little ingredient measurer and adder to the mixing bowl). Dr Pepper® Cherry Two Bite Brownies! Fudge, delicious goodness in just two bites. Check them out and make them for your family too!
Dr Pepper® Cherry Two-Bite Brownies…
What you Need:
1 box of store bought brownie mix (substitute with the following)
1 cup of Dr Pepper® Cherry Soda
1/3 cup of apple sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, place the store bought brownie mix.
- Mix in 1 egg.
- Add 1 cup of Dr Pepper® Cherry instead of water.
- Add in 1/3 cups of apple sauce instead of oil.
- Grease a 24- count mini muffin tin with non- stick cooking spray.
- Pour the brownie mix into mini muffin tray.
- Cook brownies at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- When brownies are finished cooking, remove them from the oven.
- Remove brownies from the mini muffin tray once they have cooled.
- Transfer to a plate and decorate with sprinkles.