How do you get ready for houseguests?
Are you one of those people that prep & prepare weeks before hand; cleaning, cooking, and organizing? Or are you the last minute type that shoves everything in the closet? I would say, I’m a perfect combination of both! Well, I might be in my own category… Here is my Top 9 Tips for Entertaining Houseguests! Sometimes a little planning can go a long way!
Top 9 Tips for Entertaining Houseguests…
- Do not! Have huge boxes delivered a few days before. It’s always a bad idea.
- Do! Stock up on any Glade candles, plug- in, and wax melt. Place one in the room & bathroom your guest’s will stay in then place delicious Fall scents through out the house. Especially at the entrance.
- Do! Shove all the small bits or items that don’t yet have a home in the closet. And keep your fingers crossed they don’t open the door.
- Do! Clean your house or at least the room they are sleeping in and the bathroom they will be using.
- Do not! Run out of toilet paper or paper towels seconds before they are schedule to arrive.
- Do go to the grocery store before their arrival.
- Do not! Schedule the cleaning lady to come during their stay.
- Do plan activities and meals.
- Do display a boutique of fresh flowers and stock up on caffeine and alcohol.
If you don’t quite get to everything on the cleaning list and if all else fails, at least your house #SmellsClean!
***Disclosure: This post was written in partnership with SC Johnson, A Family Company, and all thoughts & opinions are my own.