With the stress of the holidays coming to an end and the revolving door of visitors coming to a close. I can’t help but start thinking about what changes and important New Years Resolutions I’m going to work on this year! What am I going to do for me this coming year? How am I going to be the best me I possible can?
As a mom, wife, working women and every other hat I put on it is so easy to forget about me! Because there is always something or someone that needs something and what I want can easily shift to the back burner. This New Year I’m gonna be the best me & I’m finding that me time. I’ve been focussing on everyone else recently so it’s time I paid some attention to myself! I’ve already bought a back massager, some face masks, and CBD oil ready for when I take some time out for myself!
Here is how I’m doing it!
1. Planning- I’m planning for 2 weekend conferences and a girls weekend away!
2. Book it! Book early don’t wait! Hotels are booked & flight have been made for my planned travel. If you know you want to visit somewhere like Solihull in the UK, book a hotel like voco hotel St. John’s as soon as you can! This saves disappointment if the hotel sells out. I often leave things until the last minute but I always book trips in advance.
3. Scheduling things ahead of time. Hair appointments, spa days, lunches, dinners, date nights, whatever I’m scheduling these ahead of time and putting them on the calendar. Time for me and my husband is doing the same so he has his me time too!
4. Split up the load & trade off! One of us cleans up after dinner & the other gives Little Dude a bath and puts him to bed.
5. Just do it! Say less and do more! It’s easy to talk about what needs to be done but harder to do it! 2014 is a year of being productive!