Some like it hot! Others love it medium or mild! Salsa! We love Salsa! It is one of those perfect foods that can go on anything like an extra special something. Or you can serve it with chips for some yummy chips and salsa!
Homemade Salsa Recipe
What you need:
1 – 1 1/2 pounds of tomatoes
1 large onion
2 Anaheim peppers
1- 2 jalapeño peppers, depending on how spicy you like it.
6- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
1- 2 hand fulls of cilantro, washed
1. Wash & clean all the vegetables.
2. Cut the tomatoes, onion in half and place them face down on a cookie sheet.
3. Cut peppers & jalapeño peppers and remove seeds.
4. Shell the garlic.
5. Roast in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
6. Add roasted tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, lime & cilantro to your Vita-Mix.
7. Blend together on low (between settings 1- 3) for smoother salsa blend longer for chunkier salsa blend for a shorter
8. Blend in the jalapeño peppers. Start with a quarter of the jalapeño pepper then add more until you get to your
desired spicy level!
For a party, you can make a bowl of each mild, medium & hot salsa!!
**This Post Contains Affilate Links. By clicking on the affilate links, you help support Thank You Honey at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Check Out More of Our Favorite Recipes:
Don`t forget to follow us on Pinterest!