This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPublixWin
Summer is slowly coming to an end. School has started here in Florida. As much as I love summer, I love fall just as much. Not just because of Back- to- School and all the holidays, but actually because of Football Season. College Football is everything, and we take Game Day very seriously. Showing our team pride in our outfits and planning the perfect menu for tailgating or homegating with friends and family because every game is a Big Game and one step closer to the National Championship.
At the end of last season, I started making Homemade Soft Pretzels as part our tailgating or homegating menu. They quickly became a favorite, and our family and friends begged for them. Warm, delicious soft pretzels were the perfect treat to bring. Homemade Soft Pretzels can be made the traditional way, topped with salt and served with mustard or cheese dip, or they can be kicked up a notch with a little cinnamon and sugar and served with a bit of chocolate or caramel sauce.
No tailgate or homegate is complete without delicious beverages to complement the delicious food menu. Dr Pepper® has been one of our go-to drinks during football season. Not to mention that Dr Pepper® has been part of college football for 25 years and is the official drink of college football fans. With it’s rich, indulgent, one of a kind flavor it comes in 23 flavors! Check out the recipe for Homemade Soft Pretzels below:
Homemade Soft Pretzel Recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- Sprinkle with coarse, kosher salt, (optional) or cinnamon and sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Place all of the dough ingredients into a bowl. Knead the dough, by hand or machine, for about 5 minutes, until it’s soft and smooth.
- Flour the dough and place it in a bag, and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Let the dough rest.
- Prepare the topping while the dough is resting. Combine the boiling water and baking soda, stirring until the baking soda is dissolved. Set the mixture aside to cool to lukewarm (or cooler).
- Preheat your oven to 475°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface, and divide it into eight equal pieces.
- Allow the pieces to rest, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Pour the baking soda/water into a pan.
- Roll each piece of dough into a long, thin rope and twist each rope into a pretzel.
- Place folded pretzels in the baking soda & water mixture, spooning the water over their tops. Leave them in the water for about 2 minutes.
- Move the pretzels to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pretzels for 8 to 9 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven, and brush them with the melted butter and sprinkle them lightly with coarse salt, if desired.
- Serve pretzels warm or heat them up in the microwave.
Make sure to enter the sweepstakes! (5) Grand Prizes: Each winner receives (2) tickets to SEC Championship Game, 1-night hotel stay + airfare vouchers.
What are some of your favorite GAME DAY treats?
***NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be U.S. legal resident residing in AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN or VA, 18 or older. For Official Rules/mail-in entry, print your name and residential address on a 3×5 card & mail to 2018 Dr Pepper Southeast SEC Football Championships Sweepstakes, PO Box 6136, Dept. P, Clear Lake, MN 55319. Mark env. with entry or rules. Sponsor: Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc., 5301 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024. DR PEPPER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF DR PEPPER/SEVEN UP, INC. ©2018 DR PEPPER/SEVEN UP, INC.