The beautiful blue-green colored water, the beautiful sandy beaches, the sweets sounds of reggae calypso music and the exotic spices of the food. How could you not love the Caribbean? I love anything from the Caribbean Islands. One of my favorites besides the creative drinks is Jerk seasoning. A delicious blend of spices rubbed on meat and cooked to perfection!
Buying store bought just isn’t the same. Something about Jerk seasoning in a jar that just doesn’t taste well. It can be bland and oily I have found. Just doesn’t taste the way it does in the islands. Since we have been back to strict Paleo. I created a Jerk seasoning masterpiece.
What you need:
4- 5 cloves fresh garlic
1 tbsp thyme
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp Allspice (1/3 tsp of cinnamon, clove, & nutmeg)
Pinch of salt
Dash of pepper
2 tbsp of soy sauce to moisten
1/2 of fresh orange, squeezed
1. Finely chop garlic cloves.
2. In a small mix spice together (nutmeg, thyme, cinnamon, clove, cayenne pepper, allspice, salt, and pepper.
3. Add garlic & soy sauce to the small bowl with spices.
4. Mix together.
5. Place bone-in pork chops into a baking dish.
6. Pour jerk mixture over pork chops.
7. Then squeeze the juice from the fresh orange over the pork chops.
8. Place in the refrigerator to marinate 3 to 4 hours.
9. Bake in the oven at 350.
Serve with cauliflower mash & green beans or baked sweet potatoes.
Check Out More of Our Delicious Recipes: