I truly believe that people, places and situations come into your life to influence you, teach you, or teach you an important life lesson. When we moved to Philadelphia just shy of two years ago, we had no clue how we would fair moving from Florida not knowing anyone and leaving my career. This adventure has taught me so much about myself and my life. No matter what bump or road blocks comes my way I know that I can survive and take on whatever life throws at me.
As I reflect and countdown to the day (Friday 8/28/15) that we leave for the Sunshine State. I’m absolutely going to miss a few things. I made my Philadelphia Top 10 List of Things I Will MISS About Philadelphia. Here is my Philly Top 10 List (Not listed in any special order).
Philadelphia Top 10 Best…
1. The Museums & Zoo in Philadelphia. There are over 100+ museums including Franklin Institute, Please Touch, Philadelphia Art Museum, Museum of Arts and Science and many others.
The Philadelphia Zoo~ America’s First Zoo. Zoo 360 is one of the coolest things ever to see the animals walking over your head.
2. Pretzels~ Delicious soft pretzels. The other food Philly is known for besides the Philly Cheese Steak.
3. KOP- I will definitely miss shopping at King Of Prussia Mall. The second largest mall in the US.
4. Apple Picking & Pumpkin picking in the Fall.
5. The US History in Philadelphia. Philadelphia is the birthplace of America.
The Liberty Bell~ Did you know… An old broken bell, imperfect, yet one of the most powerful symbols of liberty in the world, the Liberty Bell bears a timeless message, “Proclaim LIBERTY Throughout All the Land Unto All the Inhabitants Thereof” (Leviticus, 25:10)
Independence Hall~ It is where the Declaration of Independences and the Constitution was signed.
6. Leaves changing color in the Fall and watching the hot air balloons fly overhead.
7. Proximity to other major cities- NYC & DC.
8. Not in Philadelphia however, I love feeling like I stepped back in time when I visit Lancaster County.
9. Lilly’s Annual Warehouse Sale. The Lilly Pulitzer Annual Sale! Who knew Philly was where Lilly’s headquarters were.
10. Friendships~ I have met some AMAZING people here and I’m happy to call them my friends! The lovely, talented, fabulous ladies of PSMM who have taught me so much!