It’s not easy and babies don’t come with instruction manuals. Real parenting starts at 2 years old and I never really thought much and was sometimes offended when I heard that statement. But thinking back on those sleepless nights, waking up every 3 hours to feed, I think it’s all part of learning how to parent. And learning how to parent is being able to find effective ways in which to deal with every situation you get faced with. Like how to deal with your own sleepness nights. Do you look into different CBD oils and their brands, or do you sleep when your child sleeps during the day, in order to catch up on some much-needed sleep? There are so many options, and to be quite honest, I’m not even sure how we overcame this problem. But we did, and we will again. As they grow each stage gets you ready for something else, building on the previous stage and wow how fast it happens!
Then comes potty training. The battle of wills for some. Who will wear out first, you or them! But then you look back and it was just one of those stages that you can now laugh about, but you couldn’t at the time!
A few months ago, I posted about how we were potty training little dude. Step by step how we did it! What I didn’t realize at the time of the post was how funny some of this stuff really was because I was in the thick of it! Now, that it’s passed we can sit back and laugh! Here were our potty training out takes!
10. “Mommmy, oops didn’t make it quite to the potty”. And there it was in the middle of the playroom floor!
9. Pee pee on the potty dance when he does it!
8. “Poop poop’s coming out”~ how he tells us he’s got to go!
7. Peeing outside. “I’m just like the doggies mama”!
6. “Can I pee down there”? In the drain while in the shower.
5. Handing Daddy a piece of poop! “Here daddy what is this”?
4. “I didn’t do anything”! When he tries but doesn’t have to go
3. Running around like crazy right before he runs to the potty to poop
2. Trying to look under bathroom stall when he is suppose to pull up his pants in public
1. Poop in the dog Crete. “Mommy, but I’m a dog”!
We all survived potty training & we can look back and laugh. It’s all good and like all the other stages this to will pass. They grow quickly, step back and enjoy the moment before they passes you by! You’ll want them all back even the hardest trying ones when they grow- up and leave home, get married, etc.