For Mother’s Day, I was treated like royalty and I loved every minute of it! Little Dude and hubs made me breakfast in bed. I had a wonder veggie Quiche, bacon & chocolate covered strawberries! I can’t even tell you how awesome it was to relax and read while they were busy cooking. I wasn’t sure I would like breakfast in bed in my own bed. I love it when I’m at a hotel. I just wasn’t sure about in my own bed! I’ve been won over and I will take breakfast in bed, floating in the pool, or laying in the sun, whatever! I love it!
I wanted hubs to experience the same kind of greatness and the royal treatment for Father’s Day! He too will enjoy breakfast in bed. Check out what’s on his menu!
What You Need:
- 6- 8 Shitake Mushrooms, chopped (1 package)
- 4 oz package of Pancetta, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 5-6 Scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- You need an extra large frying pan (14 inch) that you can put in the oven and not melt the handles.
- You want this Frittata to be thin.
- In a 14 inch, frying pan sauté Pancetta, shitake mushrooms, yellow pepper, scallions.
- Once cooked, place into a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, scramble the eggs and mix in the cilantro and a dash of salt & pepper.
- Pour in to the frying pan
- Cook on medium low till the eggs set on the bottom and are still running on top. (about 3-5 minutes)
- Put the Pancetta, shitake mushroom, red pepper and scallion mixture on top of the eggs. Spread it evenly around.
- Take off the heat.
- Shred the Parmesan cheese on top of the Frittata lightly coving the whole or you can leave off.
- Place in the oven to finish cooking, (10- 15 minutes).
- Remove and place on a large serving tray and cut with a pizza cuter.
- Serve with Sriracha, fresh fruit, warm croissants’ & jam, and bacon of course.
Happy Father’s Day!