S’mores! They might be the perfect dessert. The perfect balance of sweet, with crunchy & chewy chocolate goodness. Yummy! S’mores are my favorite dessert.
There is alway a food that when you eat it brings back a certain memory or feeling for you. S’mores is that food for me; they bring back the whimsical adventures of my childhood, the excitement of my graduate school years and all the fun memories of the good times shared with friends at my favorite restaurant in Orlando. I use to love to go that restaurant because you could order S’mores for dessert. They would bring you a Pu Pu Platter with a little fire in the center. The Pu Pu Platter also came complete with sticks for roasting marshmallows, chunks of chocolate and Graham Crackers to make your own S’mores! Some amazing memories were created around the S’more Pu Pu Platter!
I love S’mores! This recipe gives a twist on the “classic S’mores”. I feel like these S’more hit that same sweet spot and brings back all those funny memories! With the added benefit of making a batch of them to share or bring a dessert. They are a bit easier to make, and everyone loves them! You don’t need a fire or sticks or have to worry about the kiddos getting too close to the fire. These S’mores made from the safety and convenience of your own oven.
With the added bonus that you can have S’mores year round! How perfect!
I make them in 2 different sizes. I use an 8×8 pan if I am just making them for my family. If I’m making them to bring somewhere or making them for a party, I make the Jelly Roll pan size. My family loves these gems, and they are so easy! I guarantee you’ll love them too!
What You Need:
- To Make a Smaller Serving Size...
- USE A 8X8 BAKING DISH~
- Tin foil
- 1 package of Graham crackers
- ½ bag of chocolate chips
- ½ bag of mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- To Make a Larger Serving Size...
- USE A JELLYROLL PAN
- 1 Box of Graham Crackers (keep whole)
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 ½ bag of chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp of melted butter
- Preheat 350 degrees
- Line the pan & bottom oven rack with foil if using the Jelly Roll Pan
- Place Graham Crackers in the pan, leave them whole, then break if needed to fit them around the edges of the pan.
- Pour Chocolate chips over the Graham crackers
- Then pour the mini marshmallows over Graham Crackers
- Melt butter
- Then drizzle the melted butter on top of the Graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows
- Bake on 350 about 10- 15 minutes, or when marshmallows start to toast and become golden brown
- Remove pan for the oven
- Let the S’mores sit in the pan until completely cool, or over night before cutting.
- Cut into squares.