It has been a long and crazy winter. Mother Nature has really dumped some snow and cold weather. Making winter a difficult one. I’m optimistic that this to shall pass. And it will only get better… or warmer from here.
I’m thinking Spring! Beautiful, warm, and sunny Spring! I’m so ready for all things Spring, I have already started to get organized and started Spring Cleaning. So when it warms up, I’m already done with my Spring Cleaning! And why not, it’s the perfect activity for days it is too cold or wet to go outside, or you can’t go anywhere. Start early, get organized and tackle that Spring Cleaning! Happy cleaning…
Spring Cleaning in 5 Easy Steps…
- Get organized~ Make a plan- for your cleaning attack. It may be to organize, de-clutter, deep clean, get rid of, or a combination of all. Come up with a plan for where you want to start. I think it’s better to do 1 room at a time. It’s less overwhelming.
- Survey the Room. Look around the room, closet, dressers, desk, under beds, etc. Take inventory and see what needs to be cleaned, de-clutter, or organized. It is a great time to clean the windows, check screens for holes, take down any window treatments and wash them, drop of bedding bedspread, bed skirts, throws, decorative shams at the dry cleaners or wash it.
- Inventory what you need. Once you have surveyed the room, you’ll have a better idea of what you need to help you with Spring Cleaning. Hit the store and stock up on supplies- storage bins, trash bags, cleaning supplies and any organizing tools you may need.
- Make it a date. Check your Calendar, and schedule some dates specific for cleaning. Make sure to put it on the calendar.
- Recruits. Enlist some fresh recruits to help you…husband, children assign everyone a task to job. It always helps when you can get a helping hand when it comes to cleaning. We all have a room in the house that we’d much rather clean it yourself because you know how you like it to look and you know what products to use. Let’s face it, as much as you enjoy seeing the end product, a clean house, it is a tiring process to go through. Especially if you have young kids. You’re constantly cleaning up after them everywhere they go. Cleaning is really not my thing. Feel the same? You could always recruit the experts instead – a friend recently recommended a company to me who did her end of tenancy cleaning. They do general cleaning as well, so if I run out of time to clean my house, I’ll be sure to contact them.
When Spring Cleaning day arrives… Turn the music up and get cleaning! Think Spring!