This post is sponsored by the Florida Prepaid College Board, through my role as a Believer Blogger. All thoughts are my own.
The hoopla of the holidays is over, and we’re one month into the New Year! Life is getting back to normal. The New Year is also a fantastic time to think about new goals for not just yourself but for your family. It’s a great time to come up with individual goals and also family goals. It’s also a great time to set goals for the future and to start saving money for the future. Last year was all about improving my credit and I’m so delighted to say I’ve achieved my goal. It wasn’t easy to repair credit on my own but I managed to do and stick to it! I can’t wait to conquer this year’s goals too.
Time flies! It was just like yesterday Little Dude was a tiny little 3- month- old baby and now he’s 7- year- old. Babies don’t keep, you know. The perfect time to start saving is while they are young before they hit those college years. Florida Prepaid College Saving Plans open enrollment is still going on until February 28, 2018, and it’s not too late to start saving. Use Thank You Honey’s promo code Honey1718 to get $25 off the application fee during open enrollment.
Must Know Facts & Myths about Florida Prepaid!
It’s a total myth that Florida Prepaid is restricted to Florida schools. Actually, the Fact is that Florida Prepaid isn’t limited to Florida schools; the amount covered by your Prepaid Plan can be used at schools nationwide.
Another myth, Florida Prepaid can only be used if my child remains a Florida resident. The Fact is, if the beneficiary moves out of Florida after purchasing a Prepaid Plan, your child would still be billed at in-state tuition rates when using their plan at a Florida college or state university.
It’s a Myth, if my child doesn’t go to college, I lose all that money. The Fact is if your child doesn’t go to college, you can change the beneficiary of the Prepaid Plan or get your money back.
Check out some highlights of the Florida Prepaid Plans
The fact is, there is a Florida Prepaid Plans to fit every budget! Check out some of the highlights or head over to the website for more plan details!
- The 1-Year Florida University Plan is “stackable” allowing multiple family members the ability to contribute to paying for a child’s education. For example, Mom and dad can buy one year, grandparents can buy another, aunt and uncle can buy a third, grandmother can buy another, and then a child has tuition at a 4-year university paid for without the parents or one family member taking on the entire burden.
- The 2-Year Florida College Plan gives your child the ability to make practical, affordable path to entering his/her chosen career with an associate’s degree or trade certification.
- 4-Year Florida College Plan provides a practical, affordable path to a bachelor’s degree. There are 28 Florida colleges, and they’re typically less expensive than a university education.
- 2+2 Florida College Plan, your child can receive a degree from one of Florida’s prestigious state universities for less than a typical four-year university degree. By starting your child off at one of the state’s 28 Florida colleges, you’ll save money on lower-level courses before transferring to a State University to finish off their degree.
- 4-Year Florida University Plan, start your child off at one of Florida’s 12 prestigious state universities and see them through their four-year journey. If your child decides to start at a college (typically less expensive), the unused funds from this Plan can be applied to a post-secondary degree, or you can get the remaining money back.
There is still time to start saving for your children’s future with Florida Prepaid Plans. Open enrollment is still going on until February 28, 2018. Use Thank You Honey’s promo code Honey1718 to get $25 off the application fee during open enrollment. It only takes a few minutes of time to fill out the application! To learn even more about Florida Prepaid College Saving Plan check out this free webinar on February 20th 12- 12:45PM. Click here to register.
Don`t forget to follow us on Pinterest!