Father’s Day is just a few weeks away and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with the fact that I didn’t really have any great ideas to do for hubs this year. That never happens. I usually have something brewing for months prior. However, this whole fractured foot thing and having limited mobility really threw me this year. Yes, I blamed the fractured foot.
At my doctor’s appointment this past Monday, the doc told me I didn’t have to wear the dreadful boot anymore and I can wear shoes. I’m not sure what exactly happened however, my creativity found it’s way home in my head and just like that. Oh Batman… and Little Dude is on a super hero kick and hubs is obsessed with super hero socks… behold my Father’s Day idea. (Let’s hope the hubs doesn’t see this post and he is surprised).
Little Dude and I made this adorable craft for his Daddy because he is truly a “Super Dad” and the coolest because he wears super hero socks!
Father’s Day Super Dad Hand & Foot Print Craft.
What you Need:
1 piece of white canvas or white paper 11 x 14 (If you have more then one child use a larger canvas)
Black, white, blue, light blue, red, & peach/ brown/ tan (for skin color) acrylic paint
Small paint brushes or tooth picks
Blue Glitter Glue
Little Feet & Little Hands
1. Put some black & blue paint in 2 separate paper plate.
2. Dip little foot into the black paint.
3. Press onto the canvas, towards the corner to leave room for the head and cape.
4. Dip little hand in to the blue paint.
5. Press little hand on canvas by the middle of the foot to make the cape. Let dry.
6. Track a circle. I used a container lid.
7. Then paint the circle peach/ brown/ tan for the skin color.
8. Paint an arm with black paint then paint the end of the arm with which ever color skin color to make the hand.
9. Let dry.
10. Use the Glitter Glue to make a capital “SD” on the cape.
11. Using a small brush or toothpicks draw a mask on the face with blue paint.
12. Using a small brush or toothpicks draw a face, hair, and trace around letters “SD” with black paint.
12. Let dry.
13. Dip the sponge into paint and sponge paint the background with light blue paint to make it look like the sky.
14. Let dry.
15. Add the title “Super Dad” to the canvas either at the top or the bottom and add the year to the bottom right corner of the canvas with Glitter Glue.
Adorable Father’s Day Craft!
*** Have more then one child. No problem. If you have more then one child you could use a larger canvas or paper and have each one of your children make a super hero.
Love this Super Dad Hand & Foot Print Father’s Day Craft?
Share it with the world, share it on Facebook, Tweet it, Pin it, & love it forever!