Father’s Day is just a few weeks away and I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with the fact that I didn’t really have any great ideas to do for hubs this year. That never happens. I usually have something brewing for months prior.
Oh, Batman… and Little Dude is on a superhero kick and hubs is obsessed with superhero socks… behold my Father’s Day idea. (Let’s hope the hubs doesn’t see this post and he is surprised).
Little Dude and I made this adorable craft for his Daddy because he is truly a “Super Dad” and the coolest because he wears superhero socks!
What you Need:
1 piece of white canvas or white paper 11 x 14 (If you have more then one child use a larger canvas)
Black, white, blue, light blue, red, & peach/ brown/ tan (for skin color) acrylic paint
Small paint brushes or toothpicks
Blue Glitter Glue
Little Feet & Little Hands
1. Put some black & blue paint in 2 separate paper plate.
2. Dip little foot into the black paint.
3. Press onto the canvas, towards the corner to leave room for the head and cape.
4. Dip little hand into the blue paint.
5. Press little hand on canvas by the middle of the foot to make the cape. Let dry.
6. Track a circle. I used a container lid.
7. Then paint the circle peach/ brown/ tan for the skin color.
8. Paint an arm with black paint then paint the end of the arm with which ever color skin color to make the hand.
9. Let dry.
10. Use the Glitter Glue to make a capital “SD” on the cape.
11. Using a small brush or toothpicks draw a mask on the face with blue paint.
12. Using a small brush or toothpicks draw a face, hair, and trace around letters “SD” with black paint.
12. Let dry.
13. Dip the sponge into paint and sponge paint the background with light blue paint to make it look like the sky.
14. Let dry.
15. Add the title “Super Dad” to the canvas either at the top or the bottom and add the year to the bottom right corner of the canvas with Glitter Glue.
*** Have more than one child. No problem. If you have more then one child you could use a larger canvas or paper and have each one of your children make a superhero.
Check Out More of Our Summer Fun Posts:
***This Post Contains Affiliate Links. By clicking on the affiliate links you help support Thank You Honey at no additional cost to you.
Love this Super Dad Hand & Foot Print Father’s Day Craft? Then, Share it with the world, share it on Facebook, Tweet it, Pin it, & love it forever!
***I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.