Thanksgiving Turkey Hats
What You Need:
1 piece of Brown scrapbook paper
1 piece of each color construction paper Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, blue, purple
Plastic googly eyes
- Fold the red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple construction paper in half and cut on the fold.
- Fold the piece of brown scrapbook paper in half long ways and cut along the fold.
- Take one-half of the brown scrapbook paper and fold it again long ways, then cut along the fold to make the headband.
- Staple one end of the two long pieces of the brown scrapbook paper together. Then measure it around your child’s head. Then staple it together for the headband and set it aside.
- Use the other half of brown scrapbook paper to trace your child’s shoe to use for the turkey’s head and body.
- Have your child cut out the turkey’s head and body or help them cut out.
- Trace your kids hands on each color construction paper.
- Have your child cut it out or help them cut out hands to make the turkey’s feathers.
- Use the stapler to attach the hands (feathers) to the back of the oval (turkey’s head & body).
- Glue on the googly eyes for the turkey’s eyes.
- From the red scraps of paper to make the turkey’s wobble.
- From the yellow scraps make a beak for the turkey.
- Then staple the head and body to the headband.
Tada your Turkey Hat is done…
Don’t forget to follow Thank You Honey on Pinterest!