This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Target #CollectiveBias
Sunday morning family breakfast and the beach have become a family tradition. We love to make a big family breakfast on Sunday mornings followed by a trip to the beach. Sunday’s have become the day I look forward to all week because I enjoy spending family time complete with a meal together then hitting the beach.
Hubs and I trade off the cooking breakfast on Sunday mornings. I felt like our Sunday morning breakfast have been so mundane and I wanted to freshen them up. With the temperatures dropping and winter upon us, our Sunday morning trips to the beach sadly paused until it warms up again. However, our Sunday morning breakfast together continues.
This past Sunday Morning it was my turn and I created an Oatmeal Bar complete with delicious tropical toppings to make us feel like our feet were in the sand. It was a hit!
Tropical Oatmeal warmed us up and made us feel like we’re at the beach even though we were sitting at the kitchen table. Enjoying the tropical flavors of coconut, pineapple, fresh raspberry, brown sugar, and almond. Check out recipe below!
What You Need:
1 serving of cooked Quaker® Oats
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of shredded coconut
1 teaspoon of chopped dried pineapple
1 tablespoon of fresh raspberries
1 teaspoon sliced almonds
- Cook Quaker® Oats according to the direction on the canister package.
- Place cooked oatmeal in a bowl.
- Place 1 teaspoon of each on topping onto of the oatmeal, brown sugar, almonds, and coconut.
- Finish off with 1 tablespoon of fresh raspberries.
- You can always go back and add more toppings!
How to Set Up an Oatmeal Bar:
What You Need:
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of shredded coconut
1 cup of chopped dried pineapple
1 package of fresh raspberries
1 cup sliced almonds
- Cook Quaker® Oats according to the direction on the canister package for the number of servings needed for amount of people eating.
- Chop dried pineapple and put in a small bowl.
- Measure out to brown sugar, almonds, and coconut and place in a bowl.
- Wash and pat dry the raspberries and place on a plate.
I shopped for all of my Tropical Oatmeal ingredients at Target and I entered “Bring Your Best Bowl”! Right now there is a national sweepstakes going on now through March 12, 2016. You can enter your “Bring Your Best Bowl” recipes with 2 – 5 ingredients for a chance to $250,000 and to inspire the next Quaker® Oatmeal flavor. Top recipes entries will be created & sold for a limited time in Fall 2016. Winner will be announced November 2016.
I would love to hear what some of your favorite Quaker® Oatmeal flavors or mix ins. What are your recipe idea for “Bring Your Best Bowl” sweepstakes?