This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PilotYourLife #CollectiveBias
Keeping my family’s calendar organized is no easy task. However, I’ve come up with the best system that works for our family. Check it out my tip on how to Create a Family Calendar.
It’s no secret. I love the color it’s bright and cheery. This should come as no shock if you have seen my wardrobe.
In college, I could never sell my textbook back because I had written and highlighted all throughout them. I’ve always been a color coder. It’s how I keep important dates, facts, or anything organized in my brain. Color coding is still my number one organizational tool I use today.
The cutting boards in my kitchen are different colors (one color for meats, chicken, fish, and fruits & veggies). Each member of our family has a different color laundry basket. As well as each of us has their color pen I use to mark calendar event and I use a different color for family events. I admit it may sound a bit extream. However, this method keeps me organized and happy.
Our family calendar keeps order in our home and keeps us on task with juggling busy schedules, appointments, and events. Let me break it down for you. Here are some simple tips on how I keep my family’s calendar organized and some important must haves.
Create a Family Calendar
- This sound simple but seriously having a calendar that is specifically for your family. It is a must. (This is not your calendar/ planner filled with work, etc.) This is a calendar designated just for the family. I recommend using a planner and not a wall calendar.
- Assign a different color pen to each member of your family: (I love the Pilot G2 Pen because of their 15 vibrant colors, smooth writing gel ink, and a comfortable grip).
- Red- me
- Green- Hubs
- Blue- Little Dude
- Black- Family Events
- Silver-birthdays, vacations
- Purple- Winston & Vincent (our dogs)
- Have a family meeting once a year and plan out all vacations, birthdays, family events and days off from school, hubs travel schedule, etc.
- Write in any doctor appointments, activities, for family members in their correct color.
I picked up some Pilot G2 Pen while I was shopping at Target. Here is a coupon to save $0.75 on any ONE 4-pack (or larger) of G2 Gel Ink pens.
What’s your favorite calendar organization tool? And don’t forget to get your coupon for your own Pilot G2 Pens.