This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Bee-do, Bee-do… Our family fell in love with the minions after watching Despicable Me & Despicable Me 2 by Illumination Entertainment. When we heard that the Minions were going star in their very own movie we were so excited.
Our favorite little yellow creatures are making their way off the big screen and into our home! We are ecstatic for the December 8 release date of the Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. We are literally counting down the days for our family movie night! Just seven (7) more days left to wait!
We have been anticipating the release of the Minions movie since we saw it in theaters.We pre- ordered the Minions movie from Target because we wanted to get the Minions MetalPak Blu-ray/ DVD- Deluxe collector’s version that’s only available at Target and get a $5 Target gift card for pre- ordering. Plus, the Target Blue-Ray/ DVD has 40- extra minutes of exclusive content.
Our family movie night is all planned out and I’ve been prepping to make it extra special since the Minions movie release date was announced. I came up with some minions inspired appetizers and snacks (check out my Minion Potatoes recipe below) for our family movie night. Grandma even got in on the action and made the whole family these adorable minions PJ’s! I’m even whipping up some minions inspired treats for the occasion!
Minion Potatoes Recipe
What You Need:
3- 5 Russet Potatoes
1 package of Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Sour Cream
3- 4 strips of Bacon
1 handful Fresh Chive
2- 3 tbsp EVOO
Salt & Pepper
1. Wash and slice the Russet Potatoes in half.
2. Drizzle with EVOO, salt & pepper.
3. Bake in the oven on 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tops of the potatoes are golden brown.
4. Cook the bacon and then chop it.
5. Wash and chop the chive.
6. Place a slice of Sharp Cheddar Cheese on top of the cooked potatoes and place them back into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
7. Place sour cream into an icing decorating container to use to make the minions’ goggles.
8. Use pieces of chive to make the band for the minions’ goggles.
9. Then either make one eye hole or two eye holes with the sour cream and press a piece of chopped bacon in the center to make the minions’ eyes.
10. Use chopped chive to make the minions’ hair and mouth.
Then the Minion Potatoes are ready to serve!
I picked ingredients from Target because it’s the perfect one- stop- shop for all your family movie night needs!
For more Minions Fun! Join the Minions Viewing Twitter Party on December 11th from 7-9pm EST! RSVP at SoFabChats and follow along with the #MinionsMovieNight hashtag.