The dinner rut. It is so easy to fall into a routine of always making the same thing and getting into the dinner rut. Mix it up, try out some Instant Pot Pork Chops. Get out of the dinner rut by experimenting with sauces and different meats by turning a meal into an exciting new flavor explosion.
I love Marsala Wine Sauce is one of my favorite Italian sauces. It is super easy to make, does not require a ton of time or ingredients, and it tastes delicious. Mushrooms, onion, garlic, and Marsala Wine is the perfect combination to put over anything. It is a simple recipe for busy nights.
Marsala Wine Sauce is super versatile, and instead of making the traditional Chicken Marsala, I used bone- in pork chops and created a fantastic Pork Chops Marsala dish my family loved! You could also make Marsala Wine Sauce and put it on fish, pork, veal, or beef. Check out Pork Chops Marsala recipe below!
Pork Chops Marsala
What You Need:
1 cup dry Marsala Wine
Bone- in pork chops
1/2 cup water
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup chopped white onion
3 tbsp EVOO
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to sauce pan.
- Add pork, and cook until lightly browned, about 3- 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove pork to a plate and set aside.
- Wipe the saucepan clean.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoons oil in the same saucepan.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic and cook, occasionally stirring, until mushrooms are dark golden brown and the onions are translucent about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add Marsala Wine, water, parsley, and pork to the saucepan.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce reduces and slightly thickens.
- 1/2 tsp chopped parsley.
- Serve with a vegetable and enjoy.