Sausage & Vegetable Stuffing is my one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving besides Cranberry & Clementine Sauce. I could just make a meal of sides on Thanksgiving! Check out this recipe for Sausage & Vegetable Stuffing. I’m sure your family will love!
Sausage & Vegetable Stuffing
What you need:
1 10-ounce bag of stuffing (I use Arrowhead Mills Organic)
2 1/2 cups of Chicken broth
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ½ Shallots, finely chopped
1 tbsp of fresh garlic, chopped
2 Celery stalks, finely chopped
1 large Carrot, finely chopped
½ red pepper, finely chopped
½ green pepper, finely chopped
1 pound of Italian sausage (I use hot Italian sausage, but use could also use mild or a combo of both.)
1. Finely chop the garlic, shallots, celery, carrots, red pepper, and the green pepper.
2. Over medium heat, place EVOO in pan and sauté chopped vegetables until soft, then set aside.
3. In a pan, over medium heat cook the sausage.
3. Drain and fat off the sausage once cooked and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, bring 1 ½ cups of chicken broth to a boil.
5. Once the chicken broth is boiling, stir in stuffing mix. Make sure all the stuffing is moist.
6. Then transfer the stuffing into a 7 x 10 baking dish.
7. Stir in cooked sausage and cooked vegetables.
Bake in a pre- heated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 ½ .