One of my favorite parts of the Fall Season is Crock-tober and digging out my slow cooker to make yummy slow cooked meals. Squash is in season. I love making Spaghetti Squash after I’ve made a beef roast and using the left- over beef roast to create a delicious hearty sauce and a whole new taste. It is a perfect time- saving recipe that doesn’t taste like leftover!
First, I will make a Beef Roast in the slow cooker and we will have that for dinner one night. Then, the next night, I turn the leftover Beef Roast into a fabulous healthy, Paleo, Gluten- Free, Spaghetti Squash time- saving dinner.
Spaghetti Squash & Meat Sauce Recipe
What You Need:
1 Large Spaghetti Squash
1 tbsp of butter
2- 3 cups leftover beef roast (just the meat)
½ cup of beef roast juices
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
½ cup of finely chopped veggies from the roast.
1 tsp of fresh garlic
1 tsp of fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
How to cook and shred a Spaghetti Squash~
- Wash off the outside of the spaghetti squash.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to remove seeds.
- Place ½ the squash cut sides down in a microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup water.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and cook on high for 5- 10 minutes, depending on the size of the squash. Squash should be fork tender and ready to be pulled.
- Remove squash from the dish and set aside.
- Repeat steps, 4- 6 with the other half.
- Once both sides are done, this is how to shred the spaghetti squash, use a fork to pull out and comb out the squash strands into a covered serving dish.
6. Mix in a butter.
- Finely chop, garlic, parsley, and veggies from the roast.
- In a saucepan, mix together crushed tomatoes, beef roast juices, chopped veggies, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix in the shredded beef roast.
- Let boil 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- On a large plate or pasta bowl, place a scoop of spaghetti squash.
- Then top with sauce.
- Optional: Top with parmesan cheese. Skip the parmesan for Paleo.
What’s your favorite part of the Fall Season?