Think Spring! The Sunshine, flowers buds, baby animals, and Caterpillars! Little Dude and I are searching for signs of Spring. We had been a little stir crazy after a long snowy winter. We’re happy to escape the negative temperatures and enjoy some warmth in Florida. We had more time outside for nature walks. Little Dude has a blast exploring and loves to be outdoors.
On our explorations, we came across so may amazing sights of Spring, buds on the trees, flowers bulbs starting to pop up through the ground, and some cute little baby caterpillars. The baby caterpillar was munching on some leafs. And we had been fortunate enough to watch them for a few days. Hopefully, we will see them again as butterflies before we head back to Philly in a few days. Those cute little caterpillars were the inspiration for this craft. I decided to make adorable handprint caterpillars with Little Dude. They were so easy, and they came out so cute!
Have fun! Get outside, explore, and Think Spring! Adorable Spring craft…
What you need:
Red, pink, or orange paint
What to do:
- Put the green paint on a paper plate.
- On another paper plate put red, pink, or orange paint on it.
- Dip the little hand in the green paint or paint the little hand with a paintbrush.
- Little Dude likes to paint his own hand with a paintbrush. Then press their little green hand onto the white paper to make a hand print.
- Repeat and place little hand next to the other hand, and repeat 1 more times, so you have 3 handprints in a row to make the caterpillars body.
- With a paintbrush, paint with whichever the color the child chooses (red, pink, or orange). Only paint the palm of the hand. Be careful not to get any paint on the fingers.
- A little above the green handprints, fingers facing downwards. Press the palm of the hand on the paper to make the caterpillar’s head.
- Then with whatever color, the child chooses; have them dip their pointer finger into the color paint and press it on to the green paint where the finger would be to make the caterpillar’s feet.
- Let it dry.
- Once the caterpillar is dry, add a face. You can glue on eyes or draw them on with black marker. Draw on a mouth and nose with a red marker.
- Voila! Adorable Spring Caterpillar!
Check Out More of Our Spring Craft Ideas!