Let’s face it… Anything that stays longer then 3 days, gets old and stinky. Just like sour milk…
The dreaded or happily awaited visitors AKA family was coming to town… I guess it depended on whose family they are and what the relationship was like. However, we all know it could be stressful, and trying at times. Trying to manage the everyday stress; taking care of the little people, the house, work, plus trying to entertain the visitor’s. While keeping somewhat on the same exact schedule = Impossible.
5 Tips for Dealing with House Guests!
1. Confirm with guests a few days before and find out any flight information or if they are driving, when they are planning
to arrive. Also, find out what they like to eat and how they take their coffee.
2. Make the guest room comfortable, but not too comfortable. Have the room set up for when they get there. Don’t just toss
them sheets and say, “here you go”. Not so welcoming.
3. Keep to you regular schedule… somewhat. Meaning if you have visitors during the week and it is a school day, send the
kids to school or go to work and maybe take a half day or leave early. Keep the kids activities the same if they
participate in any after school. Keep the kids bedtime as close to normal as possible. Invite your guests to come with
you while you do the drop off or maybe they would like to see your child play soccer.
4. Meal plan and make meals ahead of time. Also have the shopping done. I try to have everything prepped and ready to be
tossed in the oven or pre- made before they arrive. And make sure you have enough toilet paper & paper towels!
5. Plan activities. Get out of the house and do things. It makes it easier on everyone!
Pin for later: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/554224297865996782/