This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScottTubeFree #CollectiveBias
Summer is sadly almost over and I’m on an organizing and de-cluttering kick. It may have something to do with moving the end of the month. However, I usually like to reorganize and de-clutter the bathrooms before Little Dude starts the new school year to make sure I have all the required supplies for booboos, colds, flu, and any other illness that make there way into my home in the Fall and Winter months.
It is amazing how much we have accumulated since last year when I did my Bathroom Organizing & De-Cluttering. This past year, our family made a New Year’s Resolution to be more environmentally friendly. As a family, we have made extra efforts to not be wasteful and help save our environment. We have made small changes in our household. For example, not leaving the water running while brushing out teeth, taking quicker showers, having drinking water delivered instead of buying all those disposable water bottles and, I’ve switched our toilet paper to Scott Tube Free because it’s less wasteful. These small changes go a long way to help mother earth. As I have been going through each room of our house before our big move, I’m recycling, donating, whatever I can to cut down on throwing things away in the trash. When I reached Little Dude’s Bathroom, I wanted to organize and get rid of some of his bath toys and get some bins to store his extra supplies in. I picked up some bins and more Scott Tube Free from Target.
I started with one floor at a time hitting all the rooms, closets and finally bathrooms. Check out and download our Bathroom Organization & De-Cluttering Checklist printable to help you and here are some great tips. Happy Organizing!
Tips for Organizing and De-Cluttering the Bathroom
The Sink Area
- Keep the sink area free from clutter by minimizing what is kept on top of the area. Try to only keep the necessities out; hand soap.
- Store tooth care items in the medicine cabinet or in a drawer. It also prevents toothbrushes from collecting any germs.
- Use the under the sink cabinet area for storage to keep the top of the sink area clear from clutter.
Under the Sink Cabinet
- Remove everything from the under the sink cabinet.
- Clean the cabinet with cleaner.
- Go through supplies and check expiration dates. Throw out anything expired.
- Check all the bath toys and toss any broken or mildewed toys.
- Use a bin with no top and with small holes to drain water from bath toys.
- Also use a bin to organize extra supplies.
- Place some extra rolls of Scott Naturals Tube Free.
- Remove everything from the medicine cabinet.
- Clean & wipe down all the shelves.
- Check all the expiration dates on medications; dispose of any that are expired or nearing. Recycle the bottles.
- Check supplies and replenish any that are low; prescriptions, first- aid supplies, wound care/ cleaning, over the counter medications, etc.
- Remove any empty bottles and recycle.
- Replenish any items that were out.
- Wash the shower curtain (You may have to clean the Shower glass instead).
- Replace shower curtain liners.
- Add a small bin behind the toilet for everyday items storage. I store shampoo, lotion, sunblock, & brush/ comb in the small bin.
I have shared my tips on how to organize the bathroom. What are some of your favorite tips for organizing and de-cluttering?