Fall is in the air… The chilly temperatures, the days are growing shorter, schools back in session and my Little Dude is talking non- stop about Halloween! The leaves starting to change colors and Fall Festivals are popping up everywhere. It’s the beginning of October and we’ve got all of our Halloween stuff out! Little Dude is ready! I’ve said good- bye to our summer flowers and said hello to our Fall Flowers. Fall decorations are going up and we have been attacked by large crazy spiders! Little Dude and I created this adorable Halloween Banner complete with my favorite, his hand and footprints. I love creating a keepsake, which I’ll be able to hang this banner year- after- year and I’ll be able to remember how tiny his little hands and feet were as he grows.
Boo Banner Tutorial
What you need:
1 yard of burlap fabric
Twinge (60 inches)
Green, silver & gold glitter glue
2 paper plates
2. Cut it out, you should have a pendent.
3. Place the paper pendent on burlap and trace around it.
4. Cut out 5 pendent’s from the burlap.
B-O-O and Handprint Spider & Footprint Ghosts…
1. Draw one letters in the center of the burlap B-O-O.
2. Color letters in with black paint.
3. Once dry outline the letters with green glitter glue, let dry.
1. Put the black paint onto the paper plate, covering the whole plate.
2. Then have your little person dip the left hand into the paint, make sure the paint coats the whole palm side of the hand.
3. Then place the hand onto the burlap fabric with the thumb facing up
4. Repeat with the right hand
5. Make sure the right thumb lines up with the left thumb because the thumbs will make the spiders body
6. Let dry
7. Once the handprint spider dry’s outline the spider in silver glitter glue
8. Use gold glitter glue to create the spider web.
9. Let dry 10. You can use green glitter glue to put eyes on it or glue eyes on it.
1. Put the white paint onto the paper plate, covering the whole plate.
2. Then have your little person step onto the plate of paint, make sure the white paint coats the whole bottom of the foot.
3. Then place the foot onto the burlap fabric, toes facing the bottom of the pendent.
4. Let dry.
5. Once the footprint ghost dry’s, outline the ghost in silver glitter glue.
6. You can use a black sharpie to put eyes on it or glue eyes on it.
Assembling the Banner…
1. Cut twine 60 inches.
2. Feed the twine through the top two corners of the triangle.
3. Tie off the two ends in loop knot.