This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #CollectiveBias
This time of year is one of my favorite times of the year. It’s a trifecta of celebrations with one holiday after another; Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. Hosting parties and attending parties goes hand- and- hand with this time of year.
It’s always a nice gesture to bring something with you when you are a guest in someone’s home. When you are either a dinner guest, party guest or an overnight guest. My parents always said, “you never go anywhere empty handed”. I always saw my parents bring a hostess gift to a holiday party, a dinner party, or party that we attended and the gift wrap was alway a ribbon bow.
For dinner parties, parties, and holiday parties, I’m always on the quest to find adorable hostess gifts and creative memorable gift wrap that stands out from the typical bottle of wine or flowers. I love to create unique gift wrap that goes beyond traditional brown paper bag wrapped and a bow.
Creative gift wrap is easy to make and/ or find. It can be anything; a plate, a basket, a box, a tin, etc. It offers a more personalized gesture. The gift wrap can also become a conversation piece. When I find myself at one of Hub’s work parties and I’m meeting people for the first time the gift wrap can be a great icebreaker. Check out these Creative Gift Wrap Ideas for the Holiday Season.
Holiday Themed Wrapping Ideas
- Red & black plaid container filled with tissue paper and a 19 oz large tumbler candle & plaid decorative plates.
- Red & Black Plaid Plate with a 4 oz small tumbler candles on top and a few pinecones. ( I left the shrink wrap off so you could see it in the picture).
- Santa’s Belt Gift Box filled with tinsel and a 19 oz large tumbler candle.
- Red & white striped to go container with a 4 oz small tumbler candle inside.
- White Tree Tin bucket with a burlap bag stacked with two 4 oz small tumbler candles inside then placed in the white tree tin bucket.
- Poinsettia Tissue Paper Flower Gift Wrap around a 12 oz medium apothecary jar candle. Check out the DIY tutorial below.
Poinsettia Tissue Paper Flower Gift Wrap
What you need:
3- 4 sheets of red, white, or pink tissue paper (I used red tissue paper)
2 green pipe cleaners
2- 25 mm size bells
1 12 oz Medium Apothecary Jar Candle (I used this amazing smelling Sunny Sands scented candles by American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand that I found at Walmart. They have a huge selection and ton of scents to choose from).
Twist the two ends of the green pipe cleaners together.
Tie twine into a bow and trim the ends of the twine.
What’s your favorite candle scent by American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand?