This is seriously the easiest recipe ever! The only hard part is going to the store to shop for the ingredients. Little Dude is a lover of all things Italian, but he’s not a huge fan of pizza, go figure. He loves all the pasta dishes, meatballs, sausage and all the different kinds of hard salami.
While Little Dude and I were in Florida, we surprised my Mother- in- law and took her to lunch. She didn’t know we were coming. We showed up at her house and Little Dude rang her doorbell. He stood there holding a bouquet of Tulips. When she opened the door we yelled surprise! And she was surprised!
My mother- in- law was making lasagna in a slow cooker when we arrived. I was really shocked that the slow cooker would cook everything without having to cook the noodles first. It was easy and it turned out fine just a little oval shaped.
I figured when we got home I would try to make Baked Ziti in the slow cooker. What a perfect and easy way to make Little Dude one of his favorite meals fast and in record time.
Easy Peasy Baked Ziti
What you need:
1 package of penne noodles
2 jars of sauce, or make your own
1 pint of ricotta cheese
1 pound of ground turkey breast meat/ or beef ground meat (optional)
1 package of Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Layer ingredients into the slow cooker.
- First pour a couple of spoonfuls of sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Put a couple of handfuls of penne noodles in the slow cooker on top of the sauce.
- Put the ricotta cheese on top of the noodles.
- Layer on top of the ricotta cheese with the rest of the penne noodles.
- Then pour the rest of the sauce onto. The top layer should always be sauce.
- If you are adding meat, cook & drain the meat. Then make a meat layer, then cover with sauce.
- Cook on low for 4- 6 hours.
Enjoy! Serve with a fresh garden salad.