Spicing it up on a cold day! I am not sure what it is about Thai food, but it makes me feel like I am in a tropical place, and not in Philly in the dead of winter. Maybe it is because I was first turned on to Thai food when I was living in California. Sunny, beautiful, warm, California.
Thai is my favorite type of food. It’s my go-to comfort food. I love all the fresh vegetables, different spice combinations of all the spicy curry, and all the various blends of flavors. Every bite is a flavor explosion in my mouth that keeps me wanting more and more. Red Curry is my favorite Thai dish. I love it! I have experimented with making it, mixing different ingredients, and I have finally perfected it. Healthy, delicious and easy to make! Paleo, Whole 30, Keto, Gluten-free, low- fat!
Red Curry is my favorite Thai dish. I love it! I have experimented with making it at home. Mixing different ingredients and I have finally perfected it. Healthy, delicious and easy to make! It can even be made vegetarian too! Check out the recipe below.
What You Need:
3 pounds stew meat (I use chuck roast)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 13.5 oz can of Coconut milk
3 tbsp Red Curry Paste
2 limes juiced
2 cups carrots (I buy the pre-chopped matchstick carrots)
1 cup of broccoli
1 cup of cauliflower
1 cup pea pods
1 cup of mushrooms
1 zucchini, chopped
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
4 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Trim the fat from the meat.
- In a pan over medium heat, place olive oil and sauté meat until brown on all sides. Salt & pepper on each side.
- Remove meat from pan and place in slow cooker.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger, coconut milk, red curry paste and lime juice.
- Cook on low setting for 6- 8 hours.
- The last hour, add peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, pea pods, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and cilantro to the slow cooker and cook for an hour.
- Serve with green onion, chopped jalapeño, cilantro, and lime wedges.
Check Out More of Our Favorite Paleo Recipes!
Love this recipe don’t forget to share it!
Don`t forget to follow us on Pinterest!