Have you ever wondered what retirees do all day? Actually, Retirees and 3- year- olds have a lot in common. My Little Dude & I embarked on an adventure into the life of retirees. We took a break from the cold, snowy weather of Philly and thawed out in beautiful Florida for 3- weeks. We stayed with my lovely. Retired. Parents.
What do retirees do all day? This is a question I pondered as I ventured down to this southern state. I know my life was focused on this 3-year-old and the challenge of trying to remember to cover the basics for myself- food, water, and caffeine. As the temperature dropped and indoor activities took precedence, the idea of a retired life with a 3 year- old seemed so distant that it would require a Flex Capacitor – thankfully air travel brought my 3-year-old and myself to the land of retirees.
During my trip to this distant land, I found 3-year-olds and retirees have a lot in common.
Top 10 Things Retirees and 3-year-olds have in Common.
- Retirees and 3- year-olds are both set in their ways & both want their way.
- They both are learning to share.
- The two love the early bird special, having dinner by 4:30.
- Retirees and 3- year-olds both are very amused by a pool noodle.
- The pair loves their whine.
- The only way retirees and 3- year- olds one gets your attention is by screaming at you.
- Both retirees and 3- year- olds think, the louder the better.
- Naps are key for everyone’s happiness.
- Retirees and 3 year- olds only eat certain foods.
- The pair both passes out by 8:30 PM.
All in all, retired life isn’t that bad. However, you get beautiful weather, tons of down time, and time to focus on the stuff that no one really cares about except you once you are retired. It is all that it’s cracked up to being.