Packing for a trip is never easy. Then packing for a road trip what do you pack for a 16- hour road trip to Florida for the holidays. Before we hit the road I did some major planning. Hubs and I decided that we would leave in the afternoon when he got home from work. I would start off the drive then once I got tired he would take over and drive through the night. Road trip adventures!
I packed a basket full of activities for Little Dude. Even though we were driving at night, Little Dude would still be up for 6- 8 hours of the trip. I still need activities to keep him busy and entertain. I created an Activity Book and some other activities for the trip.
5 Fantastic Road Trip Activities:
- Activity Book~ Created an activity book with pocket dividers to store worksheets.
Coloring~ I brought color wonder makers that he loves, some crayons, coloring books and a blank sketchpad. Worksheets~ Handwriting, Counting, etc.
- Games~ Bingo~ I found the game boards at Old Navy. License Plate Game worksheet.
- State Count Down to the Destination Map~ I print two maps of the route that we would be taking on our road trip. One map for the way there and one map for the way home. As we drive through a state Little Dude can put a star sticker on it. I figured the map would be a great visual for Little Dude to see where we are going and also learn a little about geography.
- Chain Link with activities written on it. I wrote down on each link a different activity to keep him entertained.
iPad games~ I downloaded a few new games before we left.
Movies & shows~ I downloaded a few new movies and shows before leaving.
Books on CD.
Music & freeze seat dancing~ I created a playlist of Little Dude’s favorite songs. I turn the volume up and down to play freeze dance.
Coloring, worksheets, puzzles.
- Set a time for a treat! A pack of gummies of a lollipop when the timer went off!
Check Out More of Our Travel Activities!