I love quiche. All types and varieties of quiche. It was also one of my all time favorite foods, my comfort food, and the one food I so deeply miss when I started eating Paleo. The usual quiche that I made was somewhat healthy. It was made with a whole- wheat crust, light cheese, and low-fat milk. Three ingredients that are out of the question when eating Paleo and Whole30.
I started to experiment and making some frittatas, crustless quiches. However, I still missed the crust. I didn’t miss the creaminess of the cheese. It was the crust that I most missed. Then it hit me! I could use sausage as the crust. This Sausage Crusted Spinach Quiche recipe creation was born, and it hit the jackpot! Something about the combination of sausage & spinach that makes you not even miss the crust. Check it out!
Delish! Breakfast, brunch, or anytime recipe. It’s a super easy recipe. It can be made ahead of time. This Sausage Crusted Spinach Quiche also stores well.
Sausage Crusted Spinach Quiche
What You Need:
1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 pound of breakfast sausage (either turkey or pork) ***Make sure to check the ingredients to make sure it is sugar-free, and it doesn’t have fillers that are not Paleo or Whole 30***
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
- Chop up the roll of breakfast sausage.
- Cook the breakfast sausage in a frying pan, add onions and garlic.
- Once sausage is cooked, press the cooked sausage into pie dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, scramble eggs together.
- Once eggs are combined, stir in the chopped spinach.
- Pour the egg mixture into pie dish covering sausage.
- Cook covered for 30 minutes on 325 degrees.
- After 30 minutes, uncover & raise oven temperature to 350 and cook for another 30 minutes.
Check Out More of Our Delicious Breakfast/ Brunch Recipes: