When I was in college my roommate’s mother would send us a thought for the day almost every day! I love it and looked forward to whatever quote she had found. Each day when we were walking through the student union we would stop at the mailboxes and get very excited when we saw we had a thought of the day!
I loved getting a quote each day in college and wanted to carry along that fabulous tradition. I decided to make a Thought of the Day board that would display our quote for the day! And since I’m a little obsessed with Little Dude’s hands & feet! I thought I would incorporate them too! And we all need a little sunshine every day!
What You Need:
Colored scrapbook paper
12 x 12 Picture frame
For Handprint Sunshine:
White scrapbook paper
1. Paint one little hand yellow.
2. On white scrapbook paper, press little hands onto the center of the page.
3. Re- paint little hand yellow, turn paper and press little hand down again on to the paper.
4. Re- paint little hand yellow, turn paper and press little hand down again palm to palm fingers flared out on to the paper.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 if needed, to complete the circle.
6. Set aside to dry.
7. Once dry, trim edges of Sunshine.
8. Matt Sunshine to a piece of cardstock.
9. Then, matt to the background scrapbook paper.
10. Trim edges to fit into the picture frame.
11. Place in frame and put frame together.
12. Write daily Thought of the Day, quotes on the center of the frame with Dry Erase marker.