We’ve never experienced Fall till we lived in Philly for two years! In Florida, the seasons change from hot to hotter! No leaves changing colors, no apple picking, and pumpkin picking! It’s breathtaking walking through a pumpkin patch walking over the vines to find that one special pumpkin that will make the best pumpkin pie! Walking through the orchard and picking the perfect apples right from the tree for apple pie or my favorite, applesauce. Little Dude loved running and playing in the orchard! My favorite snack or dessert to make with fresh picked apples, Homemade Applesauce Recipe.
Healthy, fresh, no additives or preservatives. It’s low fat, low sugar, Paleo, Gluten free, Whole 30, Vegetarian, and Vegan. Homemade Applesauce is something you can make tons of and store in the freezer. This recipe only requires one ingredient for this delicious Homemade Applesauce Recipe, Apples. Check out the recipe below.
Homemade Applesauce Recipe
What you need:
10- 12 Fresh picked apples or store bought. I used a combination of Pink Ladies, Empire, & Keepsake.
1. Wash and core the apples.
2. Place them on a cookie sheet face down, skin side up.
3. Bake 350 for 20- 30 minutes, or until soft.
4. Remove apples from cookie sheet and place into Vita- Mix or blender while apples are still warm.
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Transfer into small storage cups or a large bowl with a cover.
7. Storage in the frig or freeze.
Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Makes about 6 cups
Check out more of our delicious apple recipes: