Football, Friends, and Food… The best part of the season, and the football games. Each game to a true fan is like the Super Bowl! Who doesn’t love a great Super Bowl Party with all the delicious appetizers, snacks, drinks, and desserts? It doesn’t matter if you’re at the game tailgating or watching from the comfort of your own couch, a few things are required. Good food makes any game better.
This Mexican Bread Bowl Dip is the perfect game day appetizer. It’s also my hubs favorite football food and our friends beg me to make it. It is so easy and it is a definite crowd pleaser. Check it out.
Mexican Bread Bowl Appetizer
What You Need:
1 loaf of round bread bowl (I use sourdough, but you can use pumpernickel, rye, or a flavor of your choice.)
8 oz cream cheese, soften
1 cup of sour cream
½ cup salsa (I use hot but you can use the temperature you prefer.)
1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. With a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salsa until smooth.
3. Stir in shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Cut of the top of the bread bowl and set it aside.
5. Hollow out the bread.
6. Cut the pieces of bread and the top of the bread bowl into bit size pieces.
7. Pour the dip into the hollowed out bread bowl.
8. Wrap the whole bread bowl with aluminum foil and loosely cover the top with foil too.
9. Bake in the oven for an hour to an hour and a half or until the cheese is melted and hot.
10. Serve with bread pieces, crackers, chips, and veggies.
Enjoy and Check Out More of Our Appetizer Recipes!