The past few weeks I’ve been talking about Spring Cleaning, De-cluttering and Decorating your Home for Spring. It’s only fitting that I discuss Yourself. As Mom’s we are constantly making sure everyone else is okay. This Spring make some time for yourself! Make you feel fabulous!
It may sound a little cliche. However, I’m not sure what it is about winter that makes your body just want to shut down. Maybe it’s all the extra layers and bundling up or freezing cold temperatures. Whatever the case maybe…
Spring is all about watching the outdoors come alive again after winter. What a perfect time to brighten yourself and brighten your mood. Checking in with yourself and giving yourself some well deserved me time.
7 Fabulous Ways to Slide Yourself into Spring
1. Change up your hair! Get that new hair style add some color or go for the sun kissed look with adding some highlight. I’m not saying go platinum blond like Kim Kardashian even though blond is hot this year! Do something new, exciting that works for you!
2. Try a new way to get active! My dear friend, introduced me to Crossfit 4 ½ years ago. I loved it. However, she hurt her back and stopped going, we moved, I joined a new box and then suffered a few injuries. This Spring, I’ve decided to switch it up, and listen to my tired body a little. I’ve given Crossfit a break and switch it up once again with my friend’s recommendation. I’m loving it. I’m at Pure Barre. I’m not saying go join a new gym or what have you. I challenge you to get moving. Whether it is; going to the gym, a barre class, walking, running, doing squats at home or standing up and doing arm circles in the mirror. Do something to be active! Remember summer is right around the corner. (Ahem, bathing suit season!)
3. Try a new make- up color! Who doesn’t love getting new make-up? Seriously. Spring is a fabulous time to change some of your make up colors or just replace some of the favorites. Switch one thing maybe a new eye shadow or a new lip gloss or lipstick! Try it!
4. Brighten up your wardrobe. Add one new bright color piece. I was searching high and low for a bright yellow lightweight sweater! I found one and I’m in love with it. There is something about bright happy colors that brighten your mood! Try it. Find something bright & fun that maybe you would never pick out for yourself, maybe a new scarf, shoes, shirt, piece of jewelry, or whatever!
5. Doctors appointments. Schedule that yearly physical, annual exam, or teeth cleaning. Catch up on those appointment that you’ve put on the bottom of your to do list!
6. Change one thing in your diet! Make just one change so you will stick with it. Maybe cut out soda, candy, sugar, or white flour.
7. Get outside! Play, have fun, & be silly with your kids!
Happy Spring! Give yourself a well deserved something, even if it’s a coffee from Starbucks or a giant hug! Show yourself some love!
How are you going to Spring yourself into Spring?