It’s beginning to look a lot like winter! Do you want to build a Snowmen? These Snowman Ornament are adorable and easy to make from the warmth of your home. Little Dude and I made these Snowmen Ornament to give as gifts. I love fingerprint crafts. Okay, maybe I’m obsessed with fingerprints and footprints! They capture a moment in time of those little hands that you can keep around forever.
Little Dude is like any other child who loves any excuse to get messy. I love these because you are just dipping one finger at a time into the paint and it is less messy then full on finger painting! Little Dude loved designing & dressing up the snowmen! Some got scarves, and others got buttons, they are all different! Have fun making Snowmen with your little one.
What you need:
Small 2×2 black painted canvas or colored or black paper
3 little fingers
Black & red Sharpie pen
Ribbon to hang on tree
1. Dip the little thumb into white paint then press onto the bottom of the canvas to make the bottom circle of the snowman.
2. Next, dip the pointer finger into white paint then press onto the canvas lightly touching the bottom circle of the snowman to make the middle circle.
3. Then dip the pinky finger into white paint then press onto the canvas lightly touching the middle circle of the snowman to make the top circle.
4. Then use a thin paintbrush to paint on arms.
5. Let dry.
6. In a few hours, once snowman is completely dry, use the Black Sharpie to draw on eyes, and mouth.
7. Use the Red Sharpie to draw a carrot for the nose.
8. Cut 3 inches of ribbon and glue on the back of the canvas.
9. Let dry and hang on the tree.