Snow days can be great fun. A day where everyone is forced to slow down and spend time together. Beat the boredom and turn it into a fabulous adventure for the whole family. I also love to make homemade sauce & meatballs letting it cook all day and, of course, take part in some of these activities! Check them out!
***This Post Contains Affiliate Links. By clicking on the affiliate links you help support Thank You Honey at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
50+ Snow Day Activities For The Whole Family
- Outdoor Snow Play
- Indoor Snow Play
- Water Play
- Play some Full Movement Games~ Find some open space and get the kids moving to burn off some of that energy. Play a game of Red Light Green Light.
- Cooking activity
- Make your own Play- Doh
- Coloring, Painting & Drawing
- Making a tent
- Make sock puppets and put on a puppet show
- Play a game of Simon Says
- Bake a cupcakes or cookies
- Have a picnic on the family room floor
- Make Icebergs for water play
- Watch a movie
- Make your own pizza
- Read a book
- Write a play & put it on
- Play a board game as a family
- Make someone a homemade card or present to send
- Have a tea party
- Play a game of Hide & Seek
- Create an indoor obstacle course
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Make some sunshine with handprint sunshine craft
- Create a science experiment
- Create a family indoor Olympics games
- Have a family pillow fight
- Paint with vegetables
- Go for a snowy walk
- Paint each other a portrait
- Play school and let your child be the teacher
- Play a game of What Time Is It, Mr. Fox
- Put on bathing suits and go for a swim in the tub
- Bake a cake
- Make your own ice cream sundaes
- Have an indoor campout and sleep in the family room
- Do some Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Play a game of charade
- Have a Medieval meal. Cover the table with paper and eat your entire meal with your hands. No utensils!
- Build a Dominoes track then knock it down
- Catch up on homework or do some worksheets
- Organize toys and find at least 3 toys to donate
- Build a Snow family~ Everyone builds their own snowman/ snowwomen
- Spend time together talking
- Make Slime
- Paint the snow with water & food coloring
- Paint with Q-Tips
- Make your own board game
- Make a family vision board
- Play Musical Chairs
What are some of your favorite activities when you are snowed in?
Check Out Our Spring Craft Ideas!
Love this Post? Share the Love Go ahead and share it! Share it on Facebook, Tweet it, Pin it, & love it forever!